Chinese Azalea Strawberry Ice
Azalea Knap-Hill Strawberry ice
Much appreciated for its splendid pink blooms, the Azalea Knap-Hill Strawberry Ice enchants the garden in spring with its beautiful bouquets of around twenty flowers. Its oblong young leaves, bronze-coloured upon breaking, add a touch of originality to this charming variety.
The Chinese Azalea Strawberry Ice is a hardy shrub that can withstand cold down to -26 °C. When mature, this large deciduous bush, with a rather erect habit, extends up to 1.80 meters high for as much width. Azalea Knap-Hill Strawberry Ice blooms in early May, before the leaves appear. Its red buds then open out into magnificent flowers 6 to 7 cm long, whose pale pink hue, which contrasts with its yellow macula, is marbled with a more intense pink.
The Chinese Azalea Strawberry Ice thrives best in acidic soils. It is planted in a hole about 30 cm in diameter and 30 cm deep, in a mixture of garden soil, heather compost and a little compost, without packing it down too much. The Azalea Knap-Hill Strawberry Ice does not require any particular maintenance. However, it appreciates a good mulching, as well as an annual surfacing with heather earth.
- Common name : Chinese Azalea Strawberry Ice
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,80 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : red buds, pale pink with yellow flecks, mottled with stronger pink
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).