Chinese Azalea Apricot surprise
Azalea Mollis Apricot surprise
Azalea Mollis Apricot surprise or Chinese azalea Apricot surprise is a shrub native to China. This slow-growing variety offers a sublime flowering in May-June, composed of fragrant inflorescences in bouquets in apricot tones. This small shrub, 1.20 meters high for the same circumference, forms a dense bush with deciduous apple green foliage, which turns bronze when exposed to sunlight.
The Chinese Azalea Apricot Surprise is hardy (-26 °C): it is recommended to plant it in heather soil, which should be resurfaced each year. It prefers a sunny or semi-shaded location and moist, well-drained soil. The Azalea Mollis Apricot surprise is a very decorative subject: with its shiny green leaves and orange-yellow buds, which bloom into bright orange flowers. It can be grown in a container or in the open ground, to elegantly light up a dark corner of the garden, a balcony, or a courtyard.
Azalea Mollis Apricot Surprise requires regular, moderate watering: mulch at the base helps limit water intake and keep the soil cool. To facilitate its growth and flowering, it is recommended to add monthly fertilizer and to prune it annually after flowering. To densify its port and rejuvenate it, it likes to be regularly stripped of its old branches, flowers and faded leaves.
- Common name : Chinese Azalea Apricot surprise
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,20 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : orange-yellow buds, orange flowers
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).