Chinese Azalea Chetco
Azalea Mollis Chetco
Azalea Mollis Chetco or Chinese Azalea Chetco is a shrub native to China. This pretty variety blooms generously in early May, with large flowers with crinkled petals, yellow with orange spots. Azalea Mollis Chetco has an upright habit with glossy green deciduous foliage: the shrub is about 1.50 meters high for a similar spread. With its delicately glossy leaves and inflorescences in shimmering bouquets, it is an ideal subject for lighting up the garden, on its own, in a flower bed or on a terrace.
The Chinese Azalea Chetco is hardy (-21 °C): it likes to be grown in heather soil that should be resurfaced each year. It prefers acidic, fresh and drained soil and adapts to all exposures: it can be grown in a container or in the open ground. The Azalea Mollis Chetco offers a sublime spectacle every year: a dazzling spring bloom and foliage that turns orange in autumn.
Azalea Mollis Chetco appreciates being watered abundantly. It is advisable to mulch the foot to reduce water intake and keep the soil cool. To contribute to its good development, maintenance consists of pruning each year after flowering and periodically removing old twigs, leaves and faded flowers. Adding fertilizer every month helps to facilitate its growth and flowering.
- Common name : Chinese Azalea Chetco
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : yellow with orange blotches, crumpled petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).