The Rhododendron Polarnacht flowers at the end of May. Its dark green evergreen foliage is adorned with dozens of large purple-red flowers with almost black maculae and stamens with white tips. This contrast in the heart of the flower attracts the eye and forms a beautiful whole. Its abundant spectacular flowering and its bright color give this rhododendron all its interest.
This spreading shrub is resistant to negative temperatures down to -24 ° C. The Rhododendron Polarnacht will reach 1.40 meters in adulthood and will be as well planted as isolated or integrated in a shrubbery or in pot on a terrace. Like all rhododendrons, this one must be planted in heather earth,, it likes acid soils in a shaded or semi-shaded area. It does not need to be cut, it will simply remove the faded flowers to keep a beautiful set and a vigorous flowering.
Rhododendron polarnacht is a must-have variety if you want to make a beautiful set of heather plants with multiple colors. It will also be the most beautiful isolated effect in your garden, its magnificent bloom will offer you an exceptional show every year.
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : purple
- Use : shrubbery - edge of undergrowth
- Soil : acid
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : aphid - otorhynch - cochineal - leafhopper - whitefly
- Possible diseases : black spots - rust disease - root rot - phytophthora - powdery mildew - desiccation - chlorosis - armillaria
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Rhododendron Furnivall’s Daugther
Rhododendron Marcel Menard