Rhododendron Wonderland is a hybrid shrub from the cross between Rhododendron Alice and Rhododendron auriculatum.
It has a great hardiness and can withstand temperatures up to -21 ° C. Its elongated green foliage is evergreen and very decorative. Its flowering leaves mid-May bloom of beautiful bouquets of fragrant flowers whose rosy flower buds open in corolla of a pure white stained green. They will bring your exteriors a touch of romance for three weeks.
Rhododendron Wonderland is perfectly suited for small gardens : its compact port and slow growth allow it to not exceed a height of 1.5 meters. It prefers acidic soils with partial shade exposure. When planting, it is advisable to add peat or heather to provide the acidity necessary for its proper development. This undemanding shrub also appreciates the moist and humus-rich soils obtained by the regular addition of a mulch of vegetable waste and peat.
A must-see in the shady shrubbery or curbs, Rhododendron Wonderland will brighten your garden in spring alternating with other brightly-colored rhododendrons or combining it with azaleas and other heather plants.
- Common name : Rhododendron Wonderland
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : pure white stained green, fragrant
- Use : shrubbery - edge of undergrowth
- Soil : acid
- Habit : compact
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : aphid - otorhynch - cochineal - leafhopper - whitefly
- Possible diseases : black spots - rust disease - root rot - phytophthora - powdery mildew - desiccation - chlorosis - armillaria
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).