Rhododendron hybride Leo
The Rhododendron Leo is an evergreen shrub that stands out for its late and flamboyant flowering: its large, deep red trumpet-shaped flowers with crinkled petals, elegantly set off by its bright green leaves, appear in May-June. It has a rounded, spreading habit and is a very decorative shrub, with evergreen foliage and beautiful bouquets of flowers.
The Rhododendron Leo is fairly hardy (-18°C) and easy to grow: ideally in heather earth soil with a situation in the sun or semi-shaded. It prefers acidic, light, moist and above all well-drained soil, to prevent the soil at its foot from becoming soggy. It is an excellent choice for a hedge, a bed or planted in isolated : it is on average 1.80 metres high and spreading at maturity.
Rhododendron Leo requires regular watering, especially in the first year and in dry weather. Mulching the soil is highly recommended to reduce the amount of water needed and to conserve moisture. Its growth is facilitated by annual resurfacing with heather earth soil and the addition of a suitable fertiliser in early spring. No special pruning is required: simply remove the flowers and dead leaves as they fall.
- Common name : Rhododendron Leo
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,80 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : red
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).