Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby
Rhododendron hybride Wilgen's Ruby
The attractive Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby will appeal to both flower lovers and fans of old garden varieties. This plant is highly valued for its vigour and displays a superb cherry-red bloom with a purple blotch from mid-May.
Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby is a hardy variety that can withstand temperatures as low as -26°C. When fully grown, it will not exceed 1.20 to 1.50 metres in height and will spread to 1.50 metres wide. Its glossy, light green leaves are folded in a gutter shape and combine with an attractive bushy habit. The evergreen leaves allow the plant to decorate the garden in all seasons. The flowers of Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby appear from mid-May to early June. It is a very floriferous plant with large clusters of 4 cm diameter flowers with wavy petals.
The Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby should be planted in semi-shade, in rich, moist soil. For this plant to develop harmoniously, it needs an acidic PH. It is therefore advisable to add a little heather earth to the surface every year.
- Common name : Rhododendron Wilgen's Ruby
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : cherry red with purple macula, wavy petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).