Purple Hazel tree
Corylus maxima Atropurpurea
Purple Hazel tree is a big shrub, very resistant, It forms a very decorative bush with purple foliage, with hard nuts, hazelnut, rich in vitamins B and E, magnesium, and fibers, also highly appreciated by our friends squirrels.
The branches of the Purple Hazel tree are flexible and can be used for the manufacture of fencing of braided branches ... very decorative.
Even if Purple Hazel tree develops female and male flowers a cross-pollination with other subjects is essential because its pollen is self-incompatible.
For a country hedge, plant it in a quincunx every 2M.
- Common name : Purple Hazel tree
- Family : Bétulaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 4/6M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Fruit : Hazelnut
- Harvest : August-September
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - Country hedge - windbreak
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : weevil - caterpillar - mite - aphid
- Possible diseases : anthracnose - oïdium - root rot
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Double Bellflower apple tree
Malus domestica Double Belle Fleur
Thornless Blackberry Dirksen
Rubus fruticosus Dirksen
Hardy kiwi vine female Geneva
Actinidia arguta Geneva
Ribes uva-crispa Hinnonmaki red
Castanea sativa Marigoule