- In cultivation
Originally from Europe and emblem of Switzerland, Leontopodium alpinum or Snow flower is a perennial plant with lanceolate silver-gray leaves arranged in rosettes forming spreading tufts 20 cm high and 10 cm wide, covered with a cottony white down . From April to July, erect, simple stems terminate in a star flower, formed of downy silvery-white bracts, arranged around small yellow flower heads.
Although Snow flower is a high mountain plant, it can perfectly be cultivated in the plains where it is mainly used in rock gardens or on low walls but also on embankments and borders. It also adapts very well to cultivation in pots or in a planter. Planting is done in spring, count 9 plants per m² if you want to form a massif. Resistant to -30 ° C, it is easy to cultivate, Snow flower requires a very well drained soil, rocky, neutral to alkaline, located in the sun. She fears excess humidity. Leontopodium alpinum requires little maintenance, the tuft disappears in autumn to reappear at the beginning of March.
- Common name : Snow flower
- Family : Asteraceae
- Category : perennial
- Spread : 0,10 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : silver white, fluffy
- Use : rockery - low wall - embankment - po
- Soil : very well drained and gravelly, neutral to alkaline
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Density per m² : 9
- Enemies : aphid - slug - snail - red spider
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).