Elaeagnus ebbingei or Ebbinge's silverberry : the ideal evergreen shrub for creating a hedge.
Elaeagnus ebbingei is a bushy, fast-growing shrub with tough, dark green, slightly bluish, evergreen foliage with a silvery underside. It is suitable for all soils and climates.
The Ebbinge's silverberry can grow up to 3 metres in height and 2 metres in spread. It is a hardy shrub that tolerates harsh climates down to -20°C. It grows in poor, dry, drained soil. Acidic or basic soils are also suitable. The Elaeagnus ebbingei flowers in autumn, in October and November, with small, creamy-white, campanulate and highly scented flowers. The small fruits that follow the flowering are decorative, edible and a delight for birds.
Plant the Ebbinge's silverberry in sun or semi-shade, in autumn or spring. Particularly suitable for hedges, Eleagnus ebbingei should be planted with a space of 70 cm between each foot. Pruning is done in spring. It can also be used alone or in beds.
- Common name : Ebbinge's silverberry
- Family : Elaeagnaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 2 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : decorative, edible and a feast for birds
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : neutral to acid
- Growth : Fast
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies :
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).