Rose mallow Duc de Brabant
Hibiscus Syriacus Duc de Brabant
The Hibiscus Syriacus Duc de Brabant, also called Rose mallow Duc de Brabant, is a deciduous shrub with an upright habit, very resistant, native to China and India. It is especially appreciated for its abundant flowering which lasts until the fall and its ease of cultivation. Indeed, from August and until October, it offers large double flowers 6 cm in diameter, in rag, of a magnificent dark pink color.
The trilobed and toothed leaves whose budding is quite late (around May), are dark green in color, they turn golden yellow in autumn. Rose mallow Duc de Brabant is a very vigorous shrub that resists cold (down to -20 ° C) and disease. Rose mallow tolerates drought and limestone very well. It appreciates fresh, rich and well-drained soils. Plant it preferably in the sun. Prune it severely in the spring to optimize its flowering, the hibiscus blooming on the shoots of the year.
The Hibiscus Syriacus Duc de Brabant which reaches 1.50 m to 2 m in height and 1.50 m in width is installed in flowered hedge, in massif, or in isolated. You can also use it in a pot or container on your terrace to make the most of its long flowering.
- Common name : Rose mallow Duc de Brabant
- Family : Malvaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1M50
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : pink
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - flowering hedge
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : upright
- Growth : average
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Density per m² : 1
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Physocarpus Opulifolius Red Baron
Elaeagnus Pungens Maculata
Spiraea Japonica Anthony Waterer
Physocarpus opulifolius Little Joker®