Black Label Mountain laurel
Kalmia latifolia Black Label
The Kalmia latifolia Black Label or Black Label Mountain Laurel is a small shrub native to North America. Very resistant to the cold (-34°C), it blooms long and abundantly, with magnificent white inflorescences with black circles. Its upright, bushy habit and intense green, glossy evergreen foliage highlight its many original, fragrant flowers, composed of 5 flat, cup-shaped petals, 2 to 2.5 cm in diameter.
The Black Label Mountain Laurel prefers acidic soil and a shady spot. It grows to an average height of 1.20 metres with a similar spread when mature. The generous flowering appears at the end of May to June: it offers a unique spectacle, which starts with pleated, pinkish flower buds, which then blossom into sublime flowers, delicately printed in white and black tones.
Kalmia latifolia Black Label is easy to grow and requires little maintenance. It is recommended to mulch the base to keep the soil fresh and to top up the soil with heather every year. Regular watering in the first year helps the plant to take root, especially in dry weather. It requires little water and does not need pruning. It can be grown in the ground or in a container, taking care to protect its roots during the winter season for the latter method of cultivation.
- Common name : Black Label Mountain laurel
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,20 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : white, circled in black
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).