Peppermint Mountain laurel
Kalmia latifolia Peppermint
The Kalmia latifolia Peppermint is particularly hardy and can be planted even in the coldest regions. But the main asset of this large shrub is certainly its abundant and delicate bicoloured flowering: in late spring, it adds a real touch of charm to the garden.
The Peppermint Mountain Laurel can withstand temperatures as low as -34°C. When fully grown, it is up to 1.50 metres high and 1.50 metres wide. Its bushy growth habit and evergreen foliage give it an attractive appearance in all seasons. Its magnificent corymbs of flowers can be admired from the end of May to the beginning of June: the pretty pleated buds of the Kalmia latifolia Peppermint, which are purplish pink, produce lovely light pink flowers with vertical lines of violet.
The Peppermint Mountain Laurel thrives in cool, rich and acidic soil. In order to maintain the ideal PH level, it is advisable to top up the soil every year with heather earth. The Kalmia latifolia Peppermint is not very demanding in terms of exposure and can be planted in both sun and semi-shade. No pruning is required to enjoy its beauty.
- Common name : Peppermint Mountain laurel
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : purplish pink bud and pale pink bloom and purple vertical lines
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Rhododendron hybride Rasputin
Kalmia latifolia Black Label