Rhododendron Blue Peter
Rhododendron hybride Blue Peter
The Rhododendron Blue Peter is absolutely stunning in spring, embellishing the garden with its rare coloured flowers. Easy to live with, this old variety created in 1930 also stands out for its good resistance to disease.
The Rhododendron Blue Peter is very hardy and can withstand temperatures as low as -26°C. When fully grown, this compact, upright shrub can reach a height of 1.40 metres and a width of 1.40 metres. Its long, shiny, evergreen leaves make it a decorative plant in all seasons, while its flowers are a delight in early May. The flowers of the Rhododendron Blue Peter are 7 cm long. They are arranged in corymbs of about fifteen units, with curly petals of a lovely lavender blue, with a paler centre and a purple macula.
The Rhododendron Blue Peter is best suited to cool, acidic, humus-bearing, well-drained soils and enjoys a mid-shade to full shade location. In order to maintain the ideal PH level for this shrub, the soil should be topped up every year with a little heather soil.
- Common name : Rhododendron Blue Peter
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,40 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : lavender blue with a paler center and dark purple macule, curly petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).