Rhododendron Lord Roberts
Rhododendron hybride Lord Roberts
The Lord Roberts Rhododendron is a very floriferous old variety, displaying its large, dark crimson red flowers with a dark purple blotch from mid-May to June. It has an upright, compact habit with evergreen foliage of dark green pointed leaves. It is an aesthetic subject that elegantly decorates the exterior with its large, round clusters of bright inflorescences.
To grow the Rhododendron Lord Roberts in the best possible way, it is recommended that it be planted in a mixture of heather earth, compost and garden soil in equal parts and that it be placed in a sunny or semi-shaded position. Very hardy (-26°C) and resistant, it adapts easily to all climates, including the harshest. A mature plant measures approximately 1.80 metres in height and spread: perfect dimensions to form a hedge, but also to decorate the garden in a bed or in isolated.
The Rhododendron Lord Roberts is very easy to maintain: pruning is not essential and watering should be moderate and regular, especially in dry weather. It is advisable to keep the base constantly moist but not over-watered: a mulch will keep the soil cool while protecting its superficial roots. It is advisable to use a natural fertiliser and to top up with heather earth every year.
- Common name : Rhododendron Lord Roberts
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,80 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : dark crimson red with a very dark purple smudge almost black
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).