Rhododendron hybride Rocket
Rhododendron Rocket is a very floriferous old variety: its large, crinkled-petalled, coral-pink flowers with a scarlet blush appear in early May. It has a rounded, bushy habit with thick, evergreen foliage of dark green, glossy leaves with pronounced veins. It is a very aesthetically pleasing subject for outdoor lighting, with its bright pink clusters of inflorescences.
The Rhododendron Rocket prefers to be grown in acidic, moist and well-drained soil. A heathland soil in a shady to semi-shady situation is ideal. Very hardy (-23°C) and vigorous, it adapts easily to all climates. It is a medium-sized plant, measuring about 1.50 metres in height and spread: good dimensions to decorate the garden or terrace, or to form a flowering or evergreen hedge.
The Rhododendron Rocket is easy to care for: dead wood should be cut back regularly and faded flowers gently removed without any special pruning. Like most of its counterparts, its shallow roots are sensitive to drought and winter humidity. To keep the soil cool, mulching the base is highly recommended. Watering should be regular, with particular attention to the summer season and very dry weather. To encourage flowering, the soil should be enriched with a natural fertiliser and the surface of the heather hearth should be renewed annually.
- Common name : Rhododendron Rocket
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : coral pink and scarlet macula, crumpled petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).