Rhododendron hybride Taurus
Rhododendron Taurus is one of the earliest red flowering varieties: its magnificent clusters of flaming red inflorescences with black macules appear from mid-April. It is a very attractive shrub with a rounded, bushy habit, consisting of very thick, dark green evergreen foliage and funnel-shaped, deep red flowers with wavy petals.
The Rhododendron Taurus is a very hardy heathland plant that can withstand temperatures as low as -21°C. A semi-shaded position is the ideal environment to grow it in. It can reach a height of 1.80 metres and width at maturity: it can be used to form a very aesthetic hedge, thanks to its very thick, evergreen foliage, or as an isolated plant in an ornamental garden or a bed.
The maintenance of the Rhododendron Taurus is very easy: it does not need to be pruned and requires moderate and regular watering, especially in dry periods. The root ball must be kept moist with good drainage to protect its superficial roots from excess water: a mulch at the base is highly recommended. In order to reveal its potential, it is advisable to carry out an annual top dressing with heather earth and to ensure periodic fertilisation.
- Common name : Rhododendron Taurus
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,80 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : red with black macula, wavy petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).