Rhododendron hybride Cosmopolitan
Rhododendron Cosmopolitan is a very hardy heathland shrub. It has an attractive rounded, bushy habit, with glossy dark green evergreen foliage and large clusters of deep pink flowers. The dense growth and rounded habit of the plant highlights the multitude of pink inflorescences with dark red spots, which become paler with age. It is a beautiful and easy to grow plant, both in the ground and in pots.
The Rhododendron Cosmopolitan is hardy to -23°C and enjoys being placed in a shady area in acidic, rich and moist soil. When fully grown, it is about 1.5 metres tall with the same spread. To encourage its growth and flowering, it should be covered with heather soil every year. The flowers appear at the end of May and beginning of June, to brighten up the garden or terrace with sublime shimmering colours.
The Rhododendron Cosmopolitan is very easy to grow with little maintenance, no pruning is required. It is recommended to water regularly but not excessively, especially in the summer and in dry weather. The plantation is carried out by taking care to mulch the foot to maintain the freshness of the ground all the year.
- Common name : Rhododendron Cosmopolitan
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : pink flowers fading with time to dark red macula
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Azalea Mollis Apricot surprise