Rhododendron hybride Rasputin
Rhododendron Rasputin is a very floriferous variety with a splendid bloom at the end of May and beginning of June, with large, wavy-petalled, purple flowers with dark purple macules and silver stamens. It has a dense, bushy habit, with evergreen foliage of dark green leaves, which enhance its bouquets of purple flowers.
The Rhododendron Rasputin is very easy to grow, in heathery earth, in sun or semi-shade. Very hardy (-21°C) and vigorous, it adapts easily to all climates. It is a good-sized plant that can reach 1.80 metres in height and spread. Its dimensions are perfect to be placed alone, in the open ground in a bed, or to form a hedge.
The Rhododendron Rasputin is not very demanding and does not require any pruning: it only needs to be cleared of dead wood and faded flowers. Its superficial roots are quite sensitive, especially to drought and winter humidity. To keep the soil cool, it is advisable to mulch the base and ensure regular watering, especially during the summer. To facilitate its growth and ensure a beautiful flowering, it is necessary to enrich the soil by adding a natural fertiliser and renewing the surface of the heather earth each year.
- Common name : Rhododendron Rasputin
- Family : Ericaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,80 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : purple mauve with dark purple macula, silver stamens, wavy petals
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Otiorhynchus
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Rhododendron Marcel Menard
Rhododendron Furnivall’s Daugther
Azalea Mollis Apricot surprise
Rhododendron Catawbiense Grandiflorum
Azalea Knap-Hill Mary Poppins