Yellow trumpet vine
Campsis radicans Flava
Campsis radicans Flava, a bright flowering plant.
The Campsis radicans Flava or Yellow trumpet vine is a variety of climbing plant originating from North America, which is equipped with spikes allowing it to cling to a support on its own. It can reach a height of 6 m and is capable of spreading over 5 to 10 m. It is a very floriferous plant, distinguished by the brightness of its bloom.
The leaves of Campsis radicans Flava are deep green and consist of toothed, oval-shaped leaflets. From the end of June to September or even October, depending on the region, this plant offers a multitude of long, trumpet-shaped, golden yellow flowers. They bloom on the year's branches, grouped together in clusters.
The Yellow trumpet vine likes sun and warmth. It is best to plant it in a sunny location, sheltered from cold winds to obtain optimal flowering. It tolerates drought as long as it is well rooted. It accepts all types of deep, humus-rich, cool and well-drained soil. It is a hardy plant that can withstand frosts down to -20 to -25°C.
Campsis radicans Flava is ideal for dressing up an old wall, fence or tree trunk with attractive green foliage, awakened in summer by sparkling flowers.
- Common name : Yellow trumpet vine
- Family : Bignoniaceae
- Category : Climbing
- Spread : 5 - 10 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : yellow
- Use : trellised - against a wall - pergola - against a tree
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : climbing
- Growth : Fast
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal
- Possible diseases : powdery mildew
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Bougainvillea Sanderiana Alexandra
Actinidia deliciosa Jenny
- In cultivation
Lonicera Heckrottii Gold Flame