Persian ivy Sulphur Heart
Hedera colchica Sulphur Heart
The Hedera colchica Sulfur Heart, a beautiful green foliage variegated with yellow.
Hedera colchica Sulfur Heart or Persian ivy Sulphur Heart is a variegated ivy appreciated for its evergreen foliage of a beautiful pale green illuminated with yellow in the middle and for its ease of cultivation. Equipped with crampons allowing the stems to be fixed alone on a support, it is used as a climbing plant to train a wall, a trellis or a fence. It is also a magnificent ground cover. It is also suitable for container culture.
A hardy, fast-growing plant, Hedera colchica Sulfur Heart can reach a height of 5 m at maturity for the same spread. Its large green leaves, 10 to 20 cm long, very decorative, are irregularly variegated with central spots of yellow color. The inconspicuous, melliferous flowers of Persian ivy sulphur heart are regularly visited by foraging insects. In winter, it bears many black berries which are a delight for birds.
The Hedera colchica Sulfur Heart appreciates all types of soil provided it is rich, cool and well-drained. It is best to plant it in partial shade. You will simply prune the old twigs.
An unsightly wall to hide? A fence to hide? A corner of the land to be carpeted? Think of the Persian ivy Sulphur Heart , it will cover them quickly and effectively to hide the nooks and crannies of your garden. By alternating the varieties, you can even play with the colors.
- Common name : Persian ivy Sulphur Heart - Paddy's pride - Bullock's heart ivy - Persian ivy
- Family : Araliaceae
- Category : Climbing
- Spread : 5M
- Foliage : evergreen
- Use : wall cover - ground cover
- Soil : neutral, well drained
- Habit : climbing
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal - red spider
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Photo taken : Kalmthout Arboretum Botanical Garden
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Cotoneaster atropurpureus variegatus
Trachelospermum jasminoides rosea
Passiflora Purple Haze
Schizophragma hydrangeoides Moonlight
Rosa The Fairy
Campsis tagliabuana Madame Galen
Trachelospermum jasminoides Star of Toscane