- In cultivation
The Amelanchier Lamarckii is a small fruit tree with compact and floriferous growth. Originally from North America, it was formerly known as the shadbush, it is cultivated for its production of sweet and juicy edible fruits today called saskatoon berries.
The American Serviceberry has several attractions in the course of the seasons, in the spring its foliage budding at first fluffy and deep bronze colour to become dark green thereafter, in April-May the shrub is covered with a multitude of cream flowers in clusters, followed in summer by its generous black fructification rich in vitamin C, the autumn dress becomes fire as if he wanted to perfect his presence in the garden.
- Common name : American Serviceberry - Juneberry - Shadbush
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 6 - 9 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : Amelanche - sweet and juicy blue-black edible fruit, rich in vitamin C
- Harvest : summer
- Use : shrubbery - isolated - orchard
- Soil : well drained - acid
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : fire blight - mildew
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/22
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Actinidia deliciosa Boskoop
Ficus Carica Précoce de Dalmatie
Malus domestica Double Belle Fleur
Ficus carica Brown Turkey