Ribes nigrum Titania
Native to Eurasia, Ribes nigrum Titania or Blackcurrant Titania is a new self-fertile variety of blackcurrant. Its late flowering is precious in frost zones. Very productive, it offers black fruits in clusters, large size (about 1 cm), with a mild flavor with low acidity and well sweetened, which can be eaten fresh or processed. They are used to make juices, jams and pies. They also accompany savory dishes.
With an adult height of 1.20 to 1.50 m for a spread of 0.60 to 1 m, the Ribes nigrum Titania is a very hardy shrub that withstands the cold up to - 30 ° C. Flowering begins in April, followed by large fruits that you will harvest from the end of July until August.
The Blackcurrant Titania is preferably planted in the fall or spring, in a slightly acid soil, not too hard, cool, humid and well drained, exposed to the sun or partial shade. It hardly supports drought. To optimize fruit production, you will need to prune old wood every year at the end of winter.
To harvest different varieties of delicious berries, combine Ribes nigrum Titania with currants, raspberries or mulberries.
- Common name : Blackcurrant Titania
- Family : Grossulariaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 0,60/1M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : greenish
- Fruit : large black grains with very little acidity and good sweetness
- Harvest : late July to August
- Use : orchard - vegetable garden - fruit hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Pineapple Guava (3 varieties)
Granny Smith apple tree
Malus domestica Granny Smith
kiwifruit plant self-fertile
Actinidia deliciosa Auto Solo
Plum Oullin's Golden Gage
Prunus domestica Reine Claude d'Oullins
Castanea sativa Marigoule
Raspberry Autumn bliss - double cropping variety
Rubus idaeus Autumn Bliss
Fig tree Precoce de Dalmatie
Ficus Carica Précoce de Dalmatie
Plum tree Belle de Louvain
Prunus Domestica Belle de Louvain
Plum tree Opal
Prunus Domestica Opal