Weiki hardy kiwi vine (male)
Actinidia arguta Weiki mâle
Male Actinidia arguta Weiki or male Weiki hardy kiwi vine is the universal pollinator of Actinidias argutas, it will not produce fruit but only flowers in June, these are fragrant. A male plant will pollinate all the female plants in its immediate surroundings, generally counting 1 male for 5 to 6 females.
Space the kiwi plants at least 2 to 3 meters apart to give them the space necessary for their proper development. Climbing plant par excellence, the hardy kiwi vine will cling to any support such pergolas or fences but you can guide it on wires as you wish. Very fast growing, it will quickly rise to 4 to 5 m.
Actinidia arguta Weiki adapts to all soils, it likes sunny locations where it can thrive in neutral, rich and well-drained soil. The hardy kiwi vine easily supports negative temperatures down to -24 ° C.
The male hardy kiwi vine is necessary if you want to harvest fruit from your female plants. but its qualities do not end there since it is also very decorative with its pretty scented flowers, its elongated glossy green leaves and its young reddish twining stems.
The male Actinidia arguta Weiki can be pruned quite severely. It is sensitive to late spring frosts.
- Common name : Weiki hardy kiwi vine (male)
- Family : Actinidiaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 3 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : /
- Use : grilles - pergolas - fences - pot
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : climbing
- Growth : Very fast
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Density per m² : 1
- Enemies : slugs
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Reproduction : dioecious
- Remarks : male plant - no fruit
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Redcurrant Jonkheer van Tets
Ribes rubrum Jonkheer van Tets
Hardy kiwi vine female Geneva
Actinidia arguta Geneva
Thornless Blackberry Dirksen
Rubus fruticosus Dirksen
Ribes uva-crispa Hinnonmaki gold
Ribes nidigrolaria Josta