Variegated siberian dogwood
Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata
Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata or Variegated siberian dogwood : red wood and variegated foliage.
A shrubby dogwood, the Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata attracts the eye with its bright red branches, with shiny wood, which make it an ideal decorative element for the garden, even in winter. It is adorned with variegated foliage whose tones vary, depending on the season, from white mixed with grey-green in spring, to purple bordered with pink in autumn.
The Variegated siberian dogwood, originally from Siberia, appreciates damp corners and resists temperatures down to -35 °C. A shrub with a spreading port, it will reach adulthood 2.50 to 3 meters in height and 2 to 3 meters in width. Fast-growing, it has deciduous foliage. Crimson when the buds burst, the green to verdigris embossed leaves, about 10 cm long, are adorned with a white outline, before turning purple edged with pink in autumn. Flowering, melliferous, is quite discreet: in creamy white corymbs, it spreads from May to June. It is followed by a creamy white fructification which becomes bluish when ripe and is a delight for birds.
The Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata will thrive in all soils, but will appreciate cool, fertile soil. Plant it from November to March, in the sun to accentuate the pinkish tints of the foliage, or in partial shade. Reduce it to 50 cm at the beginning of March to intensify the red color of the wood.
This dogwood does wonders in beds, mixed hedges or at the edge of undergrowth.
- Common name : Variegated siberian dogwood
- Family : Cornaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 2 to 3 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : bluish white berries appreciated by birds, inedible.
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : Spreading
- Growth : Fast
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : anthracnose
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).