Astilbe arendsii Amerika
Astilbe arendsii Amerika or Astilbe Amerika is a perennial plant native to North America. Particularly decorative with its finely cut foliage, the color changing with the seasons. From June to July, Astilbe Amerika enjoys a generous pink bloom in the form of erect, feathery and elegant panicles.
The Astilbe Amerika is ideal for decorating a shady and humid area such as an undergrowth or the water's edge. Easily cultivated, Astilbe arendsii Amerika adapts to different types of soil provided there is sufficient moisture but has a preference for acidic soils. It is resistant to negative temperatures down to -20 ° C. It reaches 80 cm high and 50 cm sprawling with a bushy habit. Astilbe Amerika is very durable, resistant to diseases and pests. In addition to its decorative qualities, this undergrowth plant does not attract deer which does not consume it.
The maintenance of this perennial comes down to pruning 10 cm from the ground at the end of November.
Do not hesitate to combine Astilbe Amerika with Hostas in your flower beds and rockeries or simply installed on your balcony or terrace in a large pot.
- Common name : Astilbe Amerika
- Family : Saxifragaceae
- Category : perennial
- Spread : 0,50 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : pink
- Use : massif - pot - bordure - rocaille - bord d'étang - isolé
- Soil : acid
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Density per m² : 5
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Date of last repotting : 15/02/22
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
7 other products in the same category:
Miscanthus sinensis Gracillimus
Miscanthus sinensis Kleine Silberspinne
Fatsia japonica Spider's web