Miscanthus sinensis Strictus
Miscanthus sinensis Strictus, a graceful and airy silhouette.
Miscanthus sinensis Strictus or Porcupine grass is a non-invasive decorative grass, native to China and Japan, which forms a compact tuft with erect stems 1.70 m high for 1 m spreading. It surprises with its very pretty evergreen foliage, green marked with cream to pale yellow horizontal stripes and at the end of summer, by its late blooming in beautiful purple-pink panicles.
The leaves of Miscanthus sinensis Strictus are thin and narrow. From late August to September, long and solid flower stems emerge from the clumps. They carry large ears of 20 to 30 cm in the form of very decorative plumes, tinged with purple redbecoming silvery white.Flowers and leaves are used to make bouquets.
Easy to grow and resistant up to -20 ° C, Porcupine grass adapts to any type of soil preferably in the sun, rich and cool, it tolerates both drought and humidity. Regarding maintenance, you will eliminate dead or damaged stems at the end of autumn and you will cut the clump to 10 cm from the ground in March.
The narrow and erect habit of Miscanthus sinensis Strictus, the originality of its foliage, its graceful and aerial silhouette will amaze you whether it is planted in isolation, in beds or in hedges. It is also suitable in pots.
- Common name : Porcupine grass
- Family : Poaceae
- Category : Grass Plants
- Spread : 1 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : purplish pink then silver white
- Rhizome : clumping, non-spreading
- Use : pot - slope - hedge - plant screen - shrub bed - pond edge
- Soil : all
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Density per m² : 1
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
7 other products in the same category:
Fatsia japonica Spider's web