Whipcord Cobra lily
Arisaema tortuosum is a rhizomatous, undergrowth perennial plant found in Nepal, China and Bhutan in the foothills of the Himalayas. In early spring, it breaks dormancy, producing a long spotted stem that bears long, lobed, bright green leaves that persist until fall. This erected set can reach from 90 cm to 1m50 for a spread of 60 cm.
Its flowering which occurs from May to July, resembles that of arums but more original. the Arisaema tortuosum develops an inflorescence that is as astonishing as it is exotic: a long green horn from which emerges a curved purple spathe grouping together tiny little flowers. It is this form that gave it its name of the Whipcord Cobra lily.
Very easy to grow, it tolerates very cold winters very well down to -15 ° C, but prefers to disappear during the summer to recharge its batteries in a vegetative rest. Whipcord Cobra lily is particularly fond of moist undergrowth with acidic soil drainage. Planted in large numbers, it can easily bear fruit and thus reseed itself naturally.
It is recommended to offer it a leaf mulch to get through the winter, this will have the advantage of protecting it from the cold but also of providing it with the humus it needs to develop well. Incorporate Arisaema tortuosum into your undergrowth, it will give them an original and exotic touch
- Common name : Whipcord Cobra lily
- Category : perennial
- Spread : 0,30 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : shrubbery - edge of undergrowth
- Soil : acid
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : Red spiders in greenhouse, slugs and snails
- Reproduction : monoecious
- Photo taken : Botanical garden of Meise
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
9 other products in the same category:
Siebold's plantain lily
Fatsia Japonica - Aralia japonica - Aralia sieboldii
Lavandula angustifolia Munstead
Japanese aralia Spider's web
Fatsia japonica Spider's web