Cortaderia Selloana white, spectacular silver plumes.
Cortaderia Selloana white, also known as Pampas grass, is a very ornamental perennial grass native to South America. Its elegant white feathers and long, thin green leaves that sway gracefully with the slightest breath are an immediate eye-catcher. It looks great planted as an isolated plant in a lawn. This fast-growing grass reaches a height of 2.5 to 3 m and a spread of 1.5 to 2 m.
Cortaderia Selloana white blooms from September to frost. Beautiful silver-white plumes, 50 to 60 cm long, develop in the centre of the clump. They are supported by long, rigid stems. The green, leathery leaves are 2-3 m long, thin and slightly arched. They dry in winter.
Easy to grow, Pampas grass accepts all types of soil, rich and well drained, exposed to the sun. It is resistant to disease and insect pests. This grass is hardy to -20° to -30°C and tolerates drought but cannot tolerate excess moisture.
Once faded, the light plumes are just as decorative. You can use them to make dry bouquets. Spectacular in isolation, Cortaderia Selloana white can also be placed in a bed.
- Common name : Pampas grass
- Family : Poaceae
- Category : perennial
- Spread : 2,50 - 3 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Remarks : cut back to 30 cm in spring and mulch for winter
- Photo taken : Botanical garden of Meise
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
8 other products in the same category:
Japanese aralia Spider's web
Fatsia japonica Spider's web
Lavandula angustifolia Munstead
Fatsia Japonica - Aralia japonica - Aralia sieboldii