Camellia Lavinia Maggi
Camellia japonica Lavinia Maggi
The Camellia japonica Lavinia Maggi or Camellia Lavinia Maggi is a shrub native to Japan. A very old variety, known for its elegance and sobriety, it has glossy dark green evergreen foliage and magnificent large, double, interlocking, pale pink flowers streaked with dark pink, in the form of rosettes. It has a fairly compact upright habit and blooms early, from February to April: it cheerfully introduces the spring season with its brilliant colours.
The Camellia Lavinia Maggi likes to be placed in an acid soil, ideally composed of a mixture of heather soil and potting soil or garden soil. Rather hardy (-15°C), it prefers a shady exposure and can be grown in pots or in the ground, to decorate a bed or a terrace. When mature, it reaches an average height of 1.50 to 2 metres and a spread of 1 to 1.50 metres.
The Camellia japonica Lavinia Maggi reveals its full potential when ideally protected from the burning sun and strong winds. It prefers moist, well-drained soil: mulching the base keeps the soil cool and limits watering. It is a very easy decorative plant to grow: it is resistant to disease and does not need pruning.
- Common name : Camellia Lavinia Maggi
- Family : Theaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1 - 1,50 m
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : pinkish white to pale pink streaked with dark pink
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : acid
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : heath earth/compost/peat
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Hydrangea macrophylla Masja
Elaeagnus Pungens Maculata
Cornus controversa variégata
Hydrangea arborescens Annabelle
Cornus sericea Kelseyi
Acacia Baileyana Purpurea