Native to South-East Asia, the Quercus Cerris or Turkey Oak is a large and beautiful tree with a large crown and a pyramidal shape which rounds out over time. It produces very decorative tassels, the cup of which is provided with soft curved scales and hair-like filaments. The Turkey oak can reach 20 to 30 m in height and 20 m in width. It is a species resistant to cold down to -25 ° C and not very sensitive to powdery mildew.
Its powerful trunk is covered with a dark gray bark, thick and deeply cracked, thus forming large plaques, which reveals a pink background. The glossy leaves, dark green in color on the top and lighter green on the back, are strongly cut and lobed, they turn yellow-brown in autumn. The Quercus cerris is planted in any type of soil, even limestone. It tolerates drought.
You will install the Turkey oak in isolation in a large garden to enhance its majestic side or in alignment at the edge of an alley. It will also make you an excellent shade tree in summer.
- Common name : Turkey oak
- Family : Fabaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 20M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - shrubberry - alignment
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid - cynips
- Possible diseases : lead - gall - wilt - armillary
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Fagus sylvatica Purpurea Pendula
Betula pendula Golden Obelisk
Liquidambar Styraciflua Worplesdon
Salix babylonica tortuosa
Acer campestre Carnival
Castanea Sativa Doré de Lyon