Native to China, the Tilia Henryana or Henry's linden is a beautiful ornamental tree with spectacular foliage both in spring and summer and with very fragrant and very melliferous late flowering. Young twigs are downy. In spring, the young leaves of Henry's linden take on a magnificent colour ranging from orange-pink to coppery red, they gradually turn a beautiful brilliant green with a white and fluffy underside, turning yellow in the fall. Having the shape of a heart at the base, they are serrated and edged with long thin eyelashes, which makes this foliage very decorative. Then, late (unlike other lime trees), in August-September, abundant clusters of cream-white, very fragrant flowers develop, which particularly attract bees at the end of the season, which makes the happiness of beekeepers. They are followed in the fall by small globular fruits.
Reaching an adult height of 10 to 15 m for a width of 8 to 10 m, the Tilia Henryana is particularly suited to small gardens. In adulthood, it sports a rounded and regular silhouette with a fairly short trunk whose gray bark is initially smooth and then cracked as it grows.
Henry's linden can withstand temperatures in the range of -15 °C to -20 °C, it fears drought. Place it in the sun or partial shade in acidic or neutral soil, cool and well-drained, sheltered from cold winds and spring frosts.
- Common name : Henry's linden
- Family : Malvaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 8/10M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : White cream
- Use : isolated - shrubbery
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid - cochineal
- Possible diseases : phytophthora - gall - armillary
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Gleditsia triacanthos inermis Sunburst
Acer Rubrum October Glory