Betula Utilis Jacquemontii
Native to Nepal and the Himalayas, this variety of birch has a shining white bark exfoliating, it is the whitest of its kind, which makes the Himalayan birch really very aesthetic and decorative!
This deciduous tree has large, glossy green leaves, paler on the underside, oval, pointed and toothed, which turn golden yellow in the fall.
Betula utilis Jacquemontii has a slower growth than its congeners, around 20 cm per year, it will reach in its twentieth year 15 m for a spread of 8 m. Its trunk as well as its branches are covered with an incredibly white bark from its third year.
The Himalayan birch is very vigorous and can withstand temperatures of -20 ° C, it adapts to all soils but prefers more humid places because it is greedy in water, plant it in a sunny place in a group, aligned or isolated for a striking effect of majesty
- Common name : Himalayan Birch - White-barked Himalayan birch
- Family : Betulaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 6/8M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : catkins
- Use : isolated - group - hedge - alignment - banks
- Soil : all
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : hoplocampus - aphid - bark beetle
- Possible diseases : armillary - powdery mildew - rust disease
- Reproduction : monoecious
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Parrotia persica Persian Spire®
Cornus controversa variégata