Almond tree Robijn
Prunus Dulcis Robijn
The Almond tree Robijn is one of the most interesting varieties to grow almonds in the northern regions, because its resistance to cold is very appreciable, down to -15 ° C without problem, but the peculiarity of the almond.
Almond tree Robijn is mainly its slight spring flowering shift, which allows us to escape most of the last frosts of the year and to coincide with the appearance of the browsers of our regions, Almonds to Belgium.
The harvest takes place from mid August to October, the fruit is slightly smaller than the varieties found in the south, but the good taste of the almond is more pronounced.
Regarding its culture, the almond tree Robijn of course likes the sunny exposures, preferably sheltered from the cold winds of the north.
The proposed almond trees are grafted on a Saint-Julien rootstock, its fruit set is very fast and its development is from 3 to 5 meters in height, it accepts heavy land.
Although the almond tree Robijn is self-fertile, it is advisable to favor cross-pollination with a second subject in order to optimize the harvest.
- Common name : Almond tree Robijn
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : half stem fruit tree
- Spread : 2 - 3 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : pink
- Harvest : August to October.
- Use : orchard
- Soil : All well drained soils
- Habit : upright
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : Aphid - caterpillar
- Possible diseases : Wilting - blister - armillary
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Prunus Persica Platycarpa Saturn
Actinidia deliciosa Hayward
Citrus Medica Sarcodactylis
Rubus Ideaus Polka
Malus Domestica Reine des Reinettes
Actinidia arguta Weiki mâle
Citrus Latifolia Tahiti
Malus domestica Red Devil
Lycium barbarum Amber Sweet
Prunus domestica Golden Japan
- En culture
Malus domestica Granny Smith