Citrus Australasica - Microcitrus australasica
Several choices available: green, yellow, red, pink.
- Microcitrus australasica green or Lemon caviar, fruits of 5 to 7 cm with green skin, then pink and finally brown when ripe and translucent pearls.
- Microcitrus australasica Yellow or Lemon caviar with yellow pearl, fruits of 5 to 7 cm with yellow skin staining green when ripe and translucent amber pearls.
- Microcitrus australasica Red or Lemon caviar with red pearl, fruits of 5 to 6 cm with brown skin and translucent red pearls.
- Microcitrus australasica Pink Ice or Lemon caviar with pink pearl, fruits of 4 to 8 cm with green skin turning to reddish brown when ripe and translucent pink pearls.
The Citrus Australasica or Microcitrus Australasica is nothing but the Caviar lime, very sought after to decorate in exceptional ways the dishes of high gastronomy by the power and the peps that this citrus brings in the kitchen.
Native to subtropical Australia, Caviar lime is a small shrub with bright green evergreen foliage, young twigs appearing first purple with a soft and drooping port.
In May / June, small pink flower buds appear, followed by a deliciously fragrant white flowering.
As soon as they appear, it is important to place the Caviar lime outside to let the bees pollinate the flowers, in this case fruiting is possible.
The ripening of the fruits is quite long, it can last until the winter.
The Caviar lime likes to be grown in a large tray, in a rich substrate that remains fresh, rather of clay, mixed with gravel for drainage, there is trade in compost soil that is perfect.
Resistant from -2 °C to -4 °C it is important to let the Caviar lime winter in a room free of frost light, but not heated.
- Common name : Caviar lime - Australian finger lime
- Family : Rutaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Foliage : half evergreen
- Color of flowers : pink button - fragrant white flower
- Fruit : Edible, Sweet, Acidulated, first green then dark pink and finally brown when ripe
- Harvest : October to January
- Use : veranda - terrace
- Soil : well drained
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : potting soil for citrus
- Enemies : mealybug - red spider - whitefly
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Ficus carica Brown Turkey
Malus Domestica Reine des Reinettes
Prunus domestica Reine Claude d'Althan
Corylus avellana Rode Zellernoot
Corylus avellana Fertile de Coutard
Prunus Avium Bigarreau Burlat
Prunus domestica Reine Claude d'Oullins
Prunus Persica Bénédicte