Royal Medlar tree
Mespilus Germanica Royal
The Royal Medlar tree has a much more compact port than the common medlar and will not exceed 4M, it is a very old variety from England.
Flowering occurs in May and continues until the end of June, very pretty white flowers of 3 to 5 cm very decorative.
This Medlar is self-fertile and has the particularity to produce large fruit with sweet and slightly acid flesh, these are to consume blette towards the end of October, their tastings will be particularly appreciated in compote, jam or pastry, they are kept for 3 to 4 weeks after harvest.
Mespilus Germanica Royal is grafted onto a quince A rootstock.
- Common name : Royal Medlar tree
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 3M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : sweet and slightly acidic 3 to 4 cm nefles, edible
- Harvest : end of October
- Use : isolated - orchard
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : compact
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Prunus avium Bigarreau Lapin
Pyrus communis Obelisk®
Malus Domestica Topaz
Malus domestica Apistar®
Citrus Latifolia Tahiti
Prunus domestica Golden Japan