Elaeagnus umbellata is a thorny shrub native to Asia. It has very beautiful bluish green foliage with silver cuffs which turns yellow in autumn. From May to June, it is adorned with very beautiful yellowish white flowers, very fragrant and honey. It then smells a good part of your garden for the pleasure of your senses.
The Japanese silverberry takes its name in particular from its fruiting. Indeed small round and red fruits will be harvested in autumn and intended for the preparation of jams, compotes or even tasted raw. These fleshy and juicy fruits, both sweet and tangy, decorate the Elaeagnus umbellata with a magnificent red color piqued with silver before harvest.
Resistant to -15 ° C, the Japanese silverberry quickly reaches 4 meters high and 3 meters in diameter. It likes well-drained or even dry soils and tolerates pruning.
Planted in beds or in a rural hedge, Elaeagnus umbellata will bring beautiful colors to your garden with its bluish and silvery leaves then yellow in autumn, its creamy flowers with honey scent and its red fruits. You will also benefit from a good harvest which will satisfy the most greedy.
- Common name : Japanese silverberry
- Family : Elaeagnaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 3M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : cream
- Fruit : small stone fruits from 4 mm to 1 cm, juicy and luscious flesh
- Harvest : autumn, from 1 to 5 kg from the 2nd to 3rd year
- Use : shrubbery - free or fruit hedges
- Soil : all
- Habit : Spreading
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : cochineal
- Possible diseases : coral disease
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/21
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Malus domestica Double Belle Fleur
Malus domestica Jonagold
Actinidia arguta Ken's Red
Rubus Ideaus Polka
Malus domestica Redcats
Pyrus Pyrifolia Olympic
- En culture