Hazel tree is a big shrub, very resistant, it forms a very decorative bush, with hard nuts, hazelnut, rich in vitamins B and E, magnesium, and fibers, also highly appreciated by our friends squirrels.
The branches of the hazel tree are flexible and can be used for the manufacture of fencing of braided branches ..., very decorative.
Even if the hazel tree develops female and male flowers, a cross-pollination with other subjects is essential because its pollen is self-incompatible.
For a free hedge, plant it in a quincunx every 2 meters.
- Common name : Hazel tree
- Family : Bétulaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 4 - 6 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Fruit : Hazelnut
- Harvest : September to October
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - free hedge - windbreak.
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : Balanin - caterpillar - phytopte - aphid
- Possible diseases : anthracnose - oïdium - root rot
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/22
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Pear tree Beurré Hardy
Pyrus communis Beurré Hardy
Royal Medlar tree
Mespilus Germanica Royal
Hardy kiwi vine female Ken's Red
Actinidia arguta Ken's Red
Castanea sativa Maraval
Queen of the pippin apple tree
Malus Domestica Reine des Reinettes
Fiesta apple tree
Malus domestica Fiesta®
Hardy kiwi vine female Dumbarton Oaks
Actinidia arguta Dumbarton Oaks
Olympic Nashi pear tree
Pyrus Pyrifolia Olympic
Pineapple Guava (3 varieties)