- In cultivation
The Rubus Phoenicolasius : a decorative and fruitful bramble.
Rubus Phoenicolasius, also called Japanese Wineberry or Wine Raspberry, is a very decorative, self-fertile shrub native to Southeast Asia. What first attracts the eye are its thorny, purple-red twigs, covered with eyelashes that contrast in the middle of light green and silver foliage. Small, starry white flowers, which make bees happy, appear in spring before giving way, in summer, to orange fruits, which turn red when ripe.
From the second year after the planting of the Japanese Wineberry, you will have the pleasure to harvest from mid-July to the end of August, small fruits with sweet and tart taste, close to that of raspberry. They can be eaten raw or cooked. In addition to their very fruity flavor, their red color will bring a touch of originality in your desserts, jams and jellies.
The Japanese Wineberry is not complicated, it tolerates all exposures. It is a very strong bramble that survives temperatures of about -15 ° C. Planted in cool, drained soil, it grows rapidly to a height of 2 to 3 meters for a spread of 1.50 to 2 meters. To limit the invasion, treat the Rubus Phoenicolasius along a fence or a wall and in winter, prune the branches that have fruited and will not produce more fruit, the following year other stems will appear and will cover again a multitude of tasty fruits.
- Common name : Japanese Wineberry - wine raspberry - wineberry
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : fruit tree
- Spread : 1,50 - 2 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : red, tangy and sweet, similar to that of raspberry
- Harvest : July - August
- Use : orchard - trellised - pot
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : rust - chancre - coral disease - powdery mildew
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).