The Spiraea Vanhouttei is a fast-growing shrub that is particularly decorative. In spring, its pretty arching branches bend under the weight of numerous flowers: a real white waterfall in the garden! Robust and easy to live with, Vanhoutte spirea is resistant to disease and pests.
The Vanhoutte spirea is a hybrid between Spiraea cantoniensis and Spiraea trilobata. This beautiful plant is very branchy, with an arched, compact habit and bluish-green foliage that turns yellow in the autumn. It blooms between May and July and is quite spectacular. Vanhoutte spirea is then covered with a multitude of small white flowers in 5 cm umbels. They are distributed along the length of the branches and cover them completely. The Vanhoutte Spirea reaches a height of 1.50 to 2 metres and a width of 1.50 to 1.75 metres when fully grown. Very hardy, this plant can withstand cold temperatures down to -25°C.
Vanhoutte spirea likes all types of soil, both dry and cool, and is equally at home in sun or semi-shade. It can be planted in autumn or spring. Ideal for hedges, the Spiraea Vanhouttei can be pruned very well, once it has finished flowering.
- Common name : Vanhoutte spirea
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 - 1,75 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Use : Ground covers - rocaille - shrubs - hedge
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : compact
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Cornus sanguinea winter beauty
Frangula alnus Ron Williams
Syringa Vulgaris Président Grevy
Hibiscus syriacus Blue Chiffon
Euonymus Europaeus Red Cascade
Acer Palmatum Katsura
Chaenomeles superba Pink Lady
Syringa vulgaris Madame Florent Stepman