Japanese Barberry Maria®
Berberis thunbergii Maria®
Berberis thunbergii Maria® or Japanese Barberry Maria® is a thorny, slow-growing shrub native to Japan. Its columnar habit, its superb shiny deciduous foliage, first golden yellow turning orange-red in autumn and its young dark orange shoots are undeniable assets to illuminate your beds of bright colors. Measuring 1 m to 1.20 m in height and 0.30 m to 0.40 m in width, the Berberis thunbergii Maria® is suitable for a low hedge, a massif or a rock garden. It can be planted in a pot. Thanks to its thorns, it can be used as a defensive hedge.
In May, the Japanese Barberry Maria® is covered with small yellow flowers arranged in clusters. This flowering lasts until July, it is followed by small decorative red berries which mature in September-October.
Perfectly rustic (it withstands temperatures down to -20 ° C) and tolerant of being pruned, Berberis thunbergii Maria® resists powdery mildew. Undemanding, it is suitable for any type of well-drained soil and tolerates drought. It can be located in the sun or in partial shade.
To play on shapes and colors in your garden, the Japanese Barberry Maria® is the shrub for you.
- Common name : Japanese Barberry Maria®
- Family : Berberidaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 0,30/0,40M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : yellow orange
- Fruit : decorative berries
- Use : rock garden - pot - defensive hedge - low hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : Columnar
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : aphid
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Deutzia Purpurascens Kalmiiflora
Frosty Morn Mock Orange
Philadelphus Frosty Morn
Variegated siberian dogwood
Cornus alba Sibirica Variegata
Seven sons flower
Purple dwarf Weigelia
Weigela Florida nana Purpurea
Japanese aralia Spider's web
Fatsia japonica Spider's web