Alder buckthorn Ron Williams
Frangula alnus Ron Williams
Frangula alnus Ron Williams also called Alder buckthorn Ron Williams is a remarkable shrub with linear, light and finely cut leaves resembling ferns and with a columnar, narrow and slender habit giving it a very decorative appearance. Able to measure from 2 to 3 meters in height for a spread of 1 to 2 m, the Frangula alnus Ron Williams is an easy plant to grow, resistant to -18 ° C, and to diseases, tolerant of all types of soil.
Its deciduous, light green foliage turns reddish yellow in autumn. In May-June, groups of small white flowers open. They are followed in late summer by small spherical, fleshy berries, red in color turning black when ripe.
Alder buckthorn Ron Williams settles in neutral, cool and well-drained soil. It prefers full sun but accepts partial shade. Maintenance pruning is enough to keep it looking good.
By its elegant and light look but also by its finely cut and wavy foliage, the Frangula alnus Ron Williams will make a splash in a container on your terrace or in a bed combined with perennials. It can also be planted as a hedge.
- Common name : Alder buckthorn Ron Williams
- Family : Rhamnaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1/2M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : decorative
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : Columnar
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Date of last repotting : 15/10/2020
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Hibiscus syriacus Starburst Chiffon
Hydrangea paniculata Confetti®