Tartarian dogwood Gouchaultii
Cornus alba Gouchaultii
The Cornus alba Gouchaultii or Tartarian dogwood Gouchaultii is a shrub with deciduous foliage that varies with the seasons. Green edged with bright yellow tinged with pink in spring, its young shoots are tinged with bronze when breaking, and it turns a pretty red color in fall.Its young wood is red in summer and then turns shiny dark red in winter, offering a colorful spectacle throughout this sad, gray season.
Cornus alba Gouchaultii is the ornamental shrub of choice thanks to its large leaves offering superb variegations of colors and a bright red upright branches. Its flowering, from May to June, presents small white honey flowers followed by bluish berries coveted by birds. Its habit is compact and bushy.
Tartarian dogwood Gouchaultii is very resistant, it supports negative temperatures down to -25 ° C. Its height is 2 meters to 2.50 meters, for a spread ranging from 1.50 meters to 2 meters. It is planted in a rich, cool and humus soil, with a partial shade exposure.
As the new shoots are more colorful, you should take care to cut back its branches always at the end of winter, and possibly add compost for a good recovery.
- Common name : Tartarian dogwood Gouchaultii
- Family : Cornaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 - 2 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Use : isolated - shrubbery - hedge
- Soil : all
- Habit : bushy
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Density per m² : 1
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : anthracnose
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Syringa vulgaris Madame Lemoine
Syringa vulgaris Madame Florent Stepman
Crataegus laevigata Paul's Scarlet
Cornus sanguinea winter beauty