Chinese Elm Seiju
Ulmus parviflorus Seiju
The Ulmus parviflorus Seiju or Chinese Elm Seiju, native to the Far East, is a deciduous shrub, small in size, with a rounded crown and a globular port, very branched, it is very often used for training in bonsai. Growing slowly, it does not exceed 1.50 m to 2 m in height and 1.50 m in width and is characterized by very small green leaves, round and toothed, which take on a splendid yellow-orange color in autumn.
Can be used in clumps or rockery, the Chinese Elm Seiju is also interesting isolated, for the culture in pot or in container and for the design of miniature Japanese gardens. Its fine branching, small leaves and vigor make it an ideal species to be grown as a bonsai.
Easy to maintain, Ulmus parviflorus Seiju is a Chinese elm resistant to diseases such as Dutch elm disease and to cold down to -15 ° C. It is not very demanding on the nature of the soil, provided that it is drained, rich and fresh, but does not appreciate excess humidity and drought. The Chinese Elm Seiju is particularly fond of exposure to full sun. For a more dense branching, you will preferably prune it in winter.
- Common name : Chinese Elm Seiju
- Family : Ulmaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 1,50 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : massive - rockery - bonsai - pot
- Soil : all
- Habit : Rounded
- Growth : Lente
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Photo taken : in France - illustration image - bonsai (photo 2)
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Hydrangea paniculata Confetti®
Abelia grandiflora Edward Goucher
Philadelphus Belle étoile
Sambucus racemosa Plumosa Aurea
Spiraea Japonica Firelight