The Paper birch is native to the United States and is remarkable for its attractive white bark that peels off in strips. Its leaves turn yellow followed by orange in autumn. Planting them in a grove of 3 plants will have a beautiful effect.
In Quebec, the sap of the birch was harvested and mixed with that of the sugar maple to make syrup.
In Europe the sap of the white birch or paper birch with added cloves was used to make a slightly sparkling wine or a refreshing beer. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Common name : Paper birch
- Family : Betulaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 10/15M
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - group
- Soil : rich and well drained
- Habit : conique
- Earth to use : universal potting soil
- Enemies : aphid - sawfly
- Possible diseases : rust disease - powdery mildew - armillary
- Date of last repotting : 15/01/22
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Parrotia persica Persian Spire®