Evergreen Large-flowered magnolia
Magnolia grandiflora or Evergreen Large-flowered magnolia is a tree native to North America. This is the most common variety, with its beautiful evergreen foliage and impressive creamy white tulip-shaped inflorescences. It is often conical in habit and grows to a height of 8 to 12 metres with an average spread of 4 to 8 metres at the age of 15 years.
The large-flowered Magnolia is fairly hardy and undemanding: it is advisable to plant it in acidic, humus-rich and cool soil with a sunny to semi-shady exposure. The spectacular flowering of Magnolia grandiflora takes place from June to August: its fragrant flowers, which measure about 15 cm in diameter, are well highlighted by its leathery, green leaves with brown reverse.
It is advisable to plant the Magnolia grandiflora in autumn, to encourage its rooting before winter, taking care to protect and mulch the plant. Watering should be abundant at planting and regular for the first two years, especially in dry periods. Once well established, it is very easy to grow: it is resistant to disease and requires no special pruning.
- Common name : Evergreen Large-flowered magnolia
- Family : Magnoliaceae
- Category : shrub
- Spread : 4M50
- Foliage : evergreen
- Color of flowers : White, large flower of 15 cm
- Use : isolated
- Soil : acid
- Habit : splayed, wide
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies : cochineal
- Possible diseases : rot - coral disease
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Acer Rubrum October Glory
Metasequoia glyptostroboides Gold Rush
Gleditsia triacanthos inermis Sunburst