The Scots pine is a species of tree that came straight from Europe, Asia and the north of the Middle East. Very prized for its diuretic properties, the precious essential oil of Pinus Sylvestris is used as a remedy to treat respiratory pathologies. The Scots pine supports drought as well as very cold and brave temperatures up to -30 °C. It lives a very long time and can make itself centenary for most of its species.
We differentiate Pinus Sylvestris from other pines by its slender aspect as well as its bare and slender trunk which it exposes so elegantly. From adulthood its size can reach from 15 m to 25 m. Its foliage with beautiful evergreen needles in the color of a bluish green gray gives it an undeniable presence as well as a width or spread of 6 m up to 10 m.
Pinus Sylvestris is not very easy in nature and adapts to practically all soils as long as they are not calcareous. Its robustness particularly protects it from pine processionary caterpillars and urban pollution does not cause it any inconvenience. To allow this conifer fond of light a harmonious life nothing like planting it with linden to offer it a peaceful company.
- Common name : Scots pine
- Family : Pinaceae
- Category : conifers
- Spread : 6 - 10M
- Foliage : evergreen
- Use : isolated - groups
- Soil : well drained - all soils
- Habit : conical
- Earth to use : 75% universal potting soil and 25% heath earth
- Enemies : adelge - hoplocampus - aphid - budworm
- Possible diseases : armillary - rust disease
- Date of last repotting : 12/21
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category: