American Tulip Tree
Remarkable for its original foliage, the majestic American Tulip Tree or Liriodendron Tulipifera is also distinguished by its splendid tulip-shaped flowering. A fast-growing tree, it can live up to 300 years in our regions. It can give a real history to green spaces, shading several generations of gardeners.
Native to the southeastern United States, the American Tulip Tree is cold resistant to temperatures as low as -30°C. When fully grown, it is 20 to 25 metres high and 15 metres wide. Its spreading, conical habit in the early years becomes more rounded as it matures. Its grey trunk, which cracks slightly with age, can reach 2 to 3 metres in diameter at the end of its life. Liriodendron Tulipifera has beautiful lobed leaves up to 15 cm long, which appear truncated at the tips. They are bright green and turn a lovely yellow in autumn. The American Tulip Tree flowers between June and August. The flowers, which are absolutely superb, are a pale yellow tinged with orange, and measure 6 cm wide.
Liriodendron Tulipifera thrives in sun to part shade and appreciates poor, well drained soil. This beautiful tree does not require pruning.
- Common name : American Tulip Tree
- Family : Magnoliaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 25 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : yellow
- Use : isolated, alignment or bonsai
- Soil : Little fertile, well drained and slightly acidic
- Habit : Columnar
- Earth to use : 75% universal potting soil and 25% heath earth
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : leaf spots
- Date of last repotting : 15/12/22
- Photo taken : Botanical garden of Meise - Belgium
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Acer Tataricum Ginnala
Betula pendula Golden Obelisk