Rowan - mountain-ash
The rowan or mountain-ash is a small, elegant and slender tree with an upright habit which makes it compact, besides its beautiful foliage and decorative bark, it is especially interested in the autumn with the onset of its red fruits in clusters that give a touch color into the heart of winter, attracting thrushes and other passerine birds during this period.
In the past, fruits were harvested ripe to make jam and brandy.
Little tip for a nice productive rowan, simply plant it in an equal mixture of soil, peat and heather soils.
- Common name : Rowan and mountain-ash
- Family : Rosaceae
- Category : tree
- Spread : 4 - 5 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Color of flowers : white
- Fruit : June to October (not edible)
- Use : country hedges, shrubbery and isolated
- Soil : rich and well-drained
- Habit : Multi-trunk
- Earth to use : universal potting soil/garden soil/compost
- Enemies : mealybug - aphid - weevil - red spider
- Possible diseases : fire blight - Coryneum - canker - armillary
- Date of last repotting : 15/01/2022
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Parrotia persica Persian Spire®