The Taxodium distichum is better known as the Bald cypress,he is originally from Louisiana, this coniferous with a conical port has a delicate and supple foliage, its particularity is to be deciduous, it gives it the advantage to resist the cold winters, but especially to change the color with the seasons and to renew its foliage each year, in autumn, its dress becomes orange copper to red and its pace becomes remarkable bringing an atmosphere worthy of a postcard reminding his home country.
In its natural environment the Taxodium distichum is often found at the water's edge or in the marshes, because it loves moist sites, the base of its trunk is sometimes submerged for several months, it creates curious original pneumatophores.
Often planting by three, these trees can be admired in the garden for several generations, as they can reach a longevity of more than 500 years.
- Common name : Bald cypress, southern-cypress, white-cypress, tidewater red-cypress, Gulf-cypress, red-cypress, or swamp cypress
- Family : Taxodiaceae
- Category : conifers
- Spread : 6 - 12 m
- Foliage : deciduous
- Use : isolated - hedge
- Soil : rather acidic - wet
- Habit : Columnar
- Earth to use : 50% universal potting soil and 50% heath earth
- Enemies : nothing to report
- Possible diseases : resistant to diseases
- Date of last repotting : 15/01/22
- Photo taken : Botanical garden of Meise - Belgium
Expédition & livraison
How does the delivery work?
- As soon as you place your order your plants are selected
- Each order is processed individually.
- Plants are packed, staked and labeled.
- Packaging is carefully implemented to avoid any problems.
- Packages are ready to be shipped.
Our delivery methods
Shipping of our plants throughout Europe (except overseas and islands).
16 other products in the same category:
Castanea Sativa Doré de Lyon
Liquidambar Styraciflua Worplesdon
Betula pendula Golden Obelisk